Thursday, June 07, 2007

Taking a Moment to Dream...

I'll be 40 in a couple of years and I've already dropped a few hints, well, not really hints but 'formal requests' with the misses for a BMW Bike. I've always loved the styling and sophistication of the RT series from BMW and this years is no exception. The only thing I'm struggling with is the safety issue. I'm not a crazy rider - I had a bike in college and got the speed demons out of me - but I just don't trust the drivers here in Grand Rapids.


My R1200RT slideshow was made with SeeSpotSlide... of course

I'd love to commute on a bicycle but we live a bit too far from downtown and there are no 'good' roads to ride on. I think I'd be in trouble if I attempted that. So, my other option could be to ride a motorcycle to work, but like I said the drivers here are by far the worst drivers I have ever been exposed to. I'm from New York and didn't have nearly the number of incidents that I've had out here.

Do I just continue to dream, or really try to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys in a few years and be happy with a nice Sunday morning ride while all the knuckleheads are still asleep? Decisions, decisions.

No comments: